Monday, June 22, 2015

just a snuggle

Last week was a busy one and while most of it was fun, some was not.  Kaela got her braces off Monday (yay!) and had dental surgery on Thursday (boo.)

She was such a trooper through everything and afterwards, I took her to her ortho for a new retainer. We were rushing so they could do some stuff before the Novocaine wore off.

Everything was going great until the Walmart pharmacist refused to fill her prescription! Kaela has an allergy to codeine and the pharmacist felt she needed something different.  Poor Kaela didn't have anything for pain once the local wore off.

As we walked in the door, Osa greeted us quietly...totally not her style.  The way an animal KNOWS something is going on is such a wonderful thing.  Kaela got on the couch and Osa jumped right up and snuggled down with her.  She never once got excited, just snuggled in for the long haul.


Kaela took 4 ibuprofen while I ran back to the doctor for a new prescription.  Then I go back to Walmart and guess what?  They didn't HAVE the new medicine.  So after waiting 2 hours to get her pain meds, the pharmacist ends up giving  her the original prescription.  (and just as her doctor said, she had NO reaction to it......)

I won't go into just how irritated I was with everything but I was.  I really was.  I just didn't want to go off and be one of "those people" who make a scene.  

I brought home some flowers to brighten her day a little...she adores sunflowers.


The next day she was much better and by Saturday, she was able to have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Poor kiddo !!!
Glad she's feeling better ...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That would be very aggravating. One time I went to the doctor in Slidell for my knee and had an allergic reaction to codeine. I've never taken it since and when asked, I say I am allergic to it. Who knows, maybe it was a one time thing. I had an allergic reaction once to shrimp and never again. Glad to know that she is feeling better now. Hugs, Tammy

Kate said...

Poor dear! I'm sorry she had to go through such an ordeal. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.

jillytacy said...

Glad it worked out and that she's feeling better. I'm sure Osa's snuggles helped her feel better

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...