Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday:Doors

This year for my Thankful Thursday posts, I wanted to think about things we don't normally think about being thankful for.  
With that in mind, I chose doors for my first Thankful Thursday post this year.  


I was thinking about it the other day.   On the whole, a door just seems to be the part of a house that you walk through to get into the house or into to another room.  But a door represents more than that.

To me a door is:

Homecoming.  The smell of a familiar home when you walk through for the first time in a long time.

Artwork.  When you see a door painted a different color it just seems so much more beautiful.

Sanctuary.  When you've had a bad day or bad moment and you just need some privacy.

Welcoming.  When you've got new friends coming over for the first time, the first thing they see that tells them about what lays inside is your door.

Under appreciated.  A door represents home.  How many go without shelter each day?  How many have no place to go home to.

I didn't write safety because a door won't keep truly bad guys out anymore than a dog will.  
But it is a barrier of sorts and just in case someone bad is coming through one door, you can be hightailing it out another!

So today I am thankful to have a door to decorate each month.  I am thankful that I can put wreaths on it and change it up for the holidays.  I am thankful that even though it isn't a very pretty door, it is still on a house where I live with those I love...and that is a lot to be thankful for!

So here are some doors I love, makes me wonder what lies within...










I hope that one day in my forever home I will be able to have a unique and interesting door.....

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have a thing for doors, entryways, windows and have been taking lots of pictures of them. One of these days, maybe I'll get back on track with blogging, and be able to post about them. :) Hope all is well. Hugs, Tammy

Kate said...

What a wonderful, unique perspective on something we take for granted. Thanks for your thoughts; I love the post :-)

Little Messy Missy said...

I never use my front door. I will have to give it a second look.
xoxoxoxox

Kerry said...

Your front door always looks so lovely ...... think it's time I paid more attention to mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...