Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Birthday apron

My sister's birthday was last week and I couldn't find what I planned on getting her.  I hate when that happens.

When she was here for Matt's graduation, she was telling me how she is wearing out the aprons I've made her so I decided to make her a new one.  

Once when she visited, she had commented on one of my Christmas aprons, liking it because of it's simplicity...so I used it as a pattern and created her one like it.

It has a double pocket and is long enough she can use it to wipe her hands on, while keeping the top half covered while cooking bubbly stuff that splatters.



It is void of ruffles and ric rac and bobble trim and such, because she doesn't like a lot of foo-foo.
BUT....I couldn't help myself and added a touch of whimsy...a little quote tape from Alice in Wonderland.



It is probably the simplest apron I've ever made...but I know it will be used and enjoyed and that is what matters most.

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The fact that you made it is the best gift of all. Happy birthday to your sister. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

~Xo said...

Those are the best gifts that are cherished the most. Beautiful apron.

Kerry said...

I'm sure she loved it !!! That fabric is so pretty, and the tape just tops it off perfectly.

Sandra said...

Now that's my kind of apron. I would never buy or make one with all kinds of ruffles or buttons on them. I USE mine and it gets DIRTY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...