Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dances and dinner...

The kids both went to a school dance this past weekend.   It is so much fun seeing them excited about the fun night ahead....and yet, I am always a little sad because I know my time with them is increasingly becoming more limited.

Kaela and her girlfriends.  All three have curly hair that they flat ironed...



Matt and his girlfriend...he is rocking a bow tie this time out...funny how girlfriends can convince you to try new things!


While the kids were dancing the night away, I made a new pasta dish I found on pinterest called Italian Wonderpot.  OH. MY. GOSH.  

This is one of those dishes that everyone has "their own version" of....and it is so worth trying out. Dean used the feta that was suggested...while I stuck with Parmesan.  


The version I tried didn't have meat in it, but it doesn't need it.  It was so good and so easy.  It is one of those dump recipes....including the pasta.  I think it went from prep to table in less that 30 minutes.  Seriously y'all, when you work, that is a GOOD thing to be able to do.   

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, the kids look great !!! I know what you mean .... the time is just flying by - it makes me so sad :-( Don't think I'm going to do the empty nest thing very well!!!!

jillytacy said...

The kids look fabulous! By the way bow ties are in fashion again. The pasta looks yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...