Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Good Morning, Glory!

Our wild morning glory bloomed for the first time this week!  Waiting for the blooms to arrive is like waiting for an old friend......I just love them.  There is more vine than bloom but the blooms are spectacular!  



The next morning, more had opened....





Then much to my surprise, we had a volunteer!   I planted these from seed the first year we lived here but they didn't come back.  Since I had the wild one, I didn't feel the need to buy more seeds.  

Imagine my surprise when 5 years later, they poked their pretty little heads up again...across the yard from where I had planted them so long ago!  The blooms are much smaller than the wild one, but very prolific and just as lovely.



I love surprises and this little morning glory certainly provided me with one!

2 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I love these too-they look like grandpa otts morning glory-mine are about 8 years old now-but with the drought last year I need to reseed them next year

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

They are lovely. The only volunteers I have around here are weeds but as long as they bloom or provide the color green, I'm good with it. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...