Saturday, July 27, 2013

berroco medley scarf

Remember this scarf?  I made it in 2005 after seeing one like it in The Bourne Supremacy.
The yarn was hard to find because it was discontinued but I eventually found it in one of those yarn warehouses online.



My sister has been wanting one like it for as long as I can remember but as hard as I looked, I could never find the yarn again.

Until now!
Once I joined Ravelry, I began looking for it there.  Five people had it in their stash and one of them was willing to sell it to me!  Total time invested in constant searching looking for the yarn and buying it?  ONE YEAR!

Isn't it lovely!

and now I have this gorgeous scarf....


If you ever need to find discontinued yarn, you really should check out Ravelry first!


4 comments:

Ana BC said...

yes, that yarn looks luxurious. Glad to hear you found it. It will be a wonderful gift!

linda said...

It's beautiful, it looks so warm and cosy. :)

jillytacy said...

It's a beautiful scarf! you must be so excited to have the yarn to make another one!

MaschelleMEcfs said...

Oh WOW that's pretty! I'm glad you found the yarn, it's just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...