Monday, April 29, 2013

De-stash Challenge...April

I joined Ana and Lynda's Destash Challenge this year.....and have done remarkably well.    I've made scarves and cozies and beds and such. 

This month, I was preoccupied with end of the year work stuff and other things so I didn't de-stash as much as usual.

In fact, I ADDED stash by going on a quick trip to a yarn store in Mississippi with a co-worker.   It was SUCH fun.  The drive was a quick 30 minutes and we had a blast.   After shopping, we had a really good lunch and headed back home with our goodies...  Some of this will be made into finger-less gloves, some into a scarf and some into who knows what...




I'd also been looking for a particular yarn for about a year...and looking HARD for well over 6 months.  
I finally found it on Ravelry but it took an additional 2 months to find someone willing to sell it to me.
The yarn is so lovely, it was worth the effort...I can't imagine why this lovely yarn would be discontinued!




Then I found these on sale 50% off and couldn't pass up the color....teal, light or dark is seriously the BEST color!






Then I bought some more yarn to create this shawl for our trip to Cancun.   I thought it would be fun to make this instead of a toy for my "drop" this month.  I left it for the lady who did our house keeping every day.  Dean wrote her a sweet note in Spanish....we saw it on her cart later that morning when we checked out.





I did manage to make 3 more pink scarves for the Pink Scarf Project.  Since I am making so many of them, I am only buying yarn I find on sale.   I have now made 8 scarves!  My goal is 12 so I have 4 left to make before October.

I made 2 of this light and lacy one.  This yarn is incredibly soft and was perfect for the open weave.   I love the pretty fringe.   



 I only found 1 skein of this yarn so made a long, chunky scarf out of it. It is also very soft but it looks best doubled and tied close to the neck........




I also made another cell phone case...I seem to making these constantly....



Going to a yarn store is like a kid going to a candy store.......but the good thing is that you don't rot your teeth out....and you get to create pretty things.......

6 comments:

Ana BC said...

Wonderful projects! and those yarn acquisitions are lovely. Looking forward to see what you will make with them ;-)

Kerry said...

I am sooo glad you found that yarn you were looking for :-)
Ohh, I have lots of scarf knitting to catch up on .... my goal was 6 by October and I'm still on number 2 !!!
I love the teal shawl, I'm sure the lady was super excited .... I'd have been :-)

linda said...

You are doing so well with your stash busting, all your projects are lovely. :)

1BlessedNatural said...

Beautiful! I love the shawl.

Unknown said...

I love yarn. All the pretty textures and soft yumminess. But I need it like I need a hole in my head....I just enjoy seeing what you do with it!

Tammy said...

You have done very well with your destashing and the Pink Scarf Project. So sweet of you to leave the scarf for the housekeeper. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...