Monday, June 11, 2012

Mosaic Monday

I have always loved turtles and used to bring them home regularly. My dad still has a few in the backyard that he feds each week. Considering my age, they must be around 40 + years old now.
We don't have any turtles in our current yard because I think Ginger would harass them. Instead, I move them out of the road to help them on their way.
I made my neighbor a stepping stone because he has a huge garden and could really use one...or more.
I needed to use up a bunch of swimming pool tiles someone gave me and plopped a little turtle down in the middle of it to break up all the blue.
I just kept it simple and whimsical since it will actually be used.


Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Jody said...

Love this!

Rhonda said...

Hi there. It's been awhile since I've visited. First, love Curly's latest drawing, the Album Cover!! Next, your turtle is very creative and too cute.
I've been out of the loop. Mom had heart valve replacement surgery about 3 weeks ago and is doing well but I've had to watch her like a hawk because she wants to do too much too soon. So no sewing for awhile. I have been canning and mom enjoys watching a commenting... LOL
Take care.

Kerry said...

I HAVE to give mosaics a try before summer is over. I have a birdbath begging for some love and attention ....... I had planned to do it last summer, but couldn't pluck up the courage .... your work has given me the shove I need;-)
The turtle is so cute swimming around in his watery playground:-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful, Val! I love mosaics. My girlfriend at school, and her husband, like to decorate old tables with broken tiles. I've never tried it. Guess I should add it to my list of things to do. :) Have a great day. Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...