Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Strawberry Festival

Dean used to go to the Strawberry Festival as a child and wanted to go again with our kids.

We piled into the car, the festival was about 45 minutes away in Ponchatoula. We had to park about 4 blocks out but it was a GORGEOUS day.




Kaela invited a friend and they went on some rides. Kaela loves the kind of rides that would make me sick....her friend, not so much.

This ride was just a warm up....

for THIS one.....



.how do you like going upside down?


that ride was a little more than even Kaela expected!

The lines to the rides were really long so Matt and I went found some shade while we waited.


Then he won Kaela a big dog at the basketball shoot....first try.




lots of people, lots of food.....


I can't imagine walking around a festival in these shoes...


The strawberries were picked that morning and out of an entire flat of strawberries, there were only 3 that were bad.


We dipped some, froze some, sliced some with sugar and left some whole for snacking. They were so delicious....next time we are getting two flats!


by Monday ALL the chocolate dipped ones were gone!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yum! I don't think I ever went to the Strawberry Festival all the years that I lived in the area. :/ As for high heels, I don't do them at all anymore. I'm all about comfort. Especially at a festival. Happy hump day! Tammy

Kerry said...

Those strawberries look delicious:-) Looks like a wonderful family day out ..... those heels !!! I wonder how long it was before she was carrying them:-)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Looks like so much fun--'cept the ride, would scare the be-gee-bees out of me! Mmmmm, strawberries! I can't imagine why the dipped ones were all gone. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...