Thursday, January 5, 2012

After Christmas sew along.

I joined an after Christmas Sew Along thinking it was all about getting a jump on this year's gift making.

WRONG! I didn't read it...just joined. So then I find out (after actually reading the rules) that we are supposed to make stuff for ourselves!
Since I READ all this Wednesday, I decided to make something I could whip up quickly.


Lucky for me, I had an agenda that needed a cute cover! Since I didn't want to reinvent the wheel, I used a tutorial at craftblog.

The pictures were very helpful and I made this quickly. That bakers twine isn't part of it...but I'm too lazy to take another photo...



inside...with pocket and place mark...



I had some precious polka dot ribbon for the place mark but not enough so I used a teeny satin one for the time being...easy enough to change out later though... see?

and it looks (and works) just fine for the time being...

The best part is that the fabric was in my stash and the planner was a freebie.
Link

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Cute and seems easy to whip up!

jillytacy said...

It turned out great! I LOVE the fabric. I guess I didn't read the rules either because I was thinking it was getting a jump on Christmas crafting too. I just finished my submission, a reusable bag. Not sure who it is for or what I will do with it. realistically I could use a set of reusable bags for myself.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I rarely make anything for myself. Your agenda looks great. I'm always in awe of all that you are able to create and accomplish. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Kerry said...

The best kind of project - one that cost you nothing:-)
It turned out so fun and cheerful .... then of course, I have a weakness for white dots on red fabric .... love it:-)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Cute! Congrats on making something for yourself. I rarely make anything for myself. I am determined to get a jump on my Christmas crafting this year. I left a bunch of stuff out that I didn't get done this year so I can do it now.....Yeah, it's still just sitting here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...