Wednesday, December 14, 2011

wrap it up...ironcraft #50

This week's ironcraft challenge is all about gift wrap.

There once was a time when I was all about wrapping. I enjoyed it so much that I would wrap everyone's gifts. I did all sorts of creative things. I even had a place I bought special ribbons, and each year, I had a different theme.

Now? Not so much.

When holiday bags came into vogue, my gift wrapping mojo left me, never to return. After all, it was so much EASIER!

But yesterday, with gift in hand, I stepped up to the challenge.

Here is the result. It is actually prettier in person but you get the idea. The Santa ornament is tied on with red floss so you can't see it.


Who knows.....maybe this will inspire me to start wrapping gifts again.....

or maybe I'll just have a glass of this
....

and call it a day!

4 comments:

Debbie M said...

maybe try both--who knows what lovely (unusual) gifts you would end up with LoL!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I would have a bottle and call it a night. :) I try to recycle bags and paper for wrapping. It is such a waste to go buy fancy paper when we just throw it away. Of course, it is also nice to make the bag a gift in itself, by crocheting or sewing one up from material. Glad you received my card. Happy holidays. Tammy

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Do you have an extra glass??? LOL!
Love the wrapping. I wish you could see the "wrapped" things under our tree. The kids have found all sorts of mismatched boxes, put them together, then used some ribbon to tie a bow. A camera just can't capture the hilariousness of it all.

jillytacy said...

The present is beautiful! I love the little Santa ornament. I say call it a day and enjoy your wine! This time of the year to just to busy to worry about perfect gift wrapping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...