Friday, April 8, 2011

springy stuff

I don't do a lot of spring decorating. I look at my yard as the major decoration for spring and summer.....since we work in it so much.

But when I took down my little shamrock garland, my mantle looked so naked and sad....I felt compelled to make
something.

Since the fall rag swag turned out so well, I made one using springy colors.

I am really pleased with how sweet it looks (even if it doesn't go with my house colors!)

The egg cups on the mantle will go on the table for Easter...they just need somewhere to live until then. The eggs in them are delicate, more on that later...



center of the swag, centered with a vintage wooden egg we got while living in Germany.


close up to see the fabrics :-)

Well...that's about as springy as this place gets...inside!

3 comments:

NadineC said...

Oooooo, that's so very, very pretty, Val! And I bet you had fun making it, too :-) So springy - I loves the soft colors!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very pretty! I love all the pretty pastel colors for Spring and Easter.

jillytacy said...

It looks very pretty and spring like! I don't do a lot of spring decorating either. Too much work as spring is a busy time of year at school.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...