Wednesday, December 22, 2010

lunar eclipse and a toy drop

Monday night we all watched the lunar eclipse and it was totally worth missing out on some sleep.

We tried and tried and tried to take some photos...with no luck. Our camera just isn't strong enough.


It was wonderful doing something together that no one in our lifetime will do again.......the kids were in awe....so were Dean and I.



Matt brought down his telescope and we all took turns looking at the moon close up....just gorgeous!

The kids went back to bed but Dean and I stayed up and watched the phases....it was really stunning. I can't imagine how the people must have felt back in the 1600's when they saw this....the moon really did look red. I bet they were terrified.

I finally did my Christmas toy drop. I made a wonky little bear and dropped it outside a hospital here. It felt weird being the last drop of the year.



I put him on a bench outside.....



I hope someone finds and adopts him quickly!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your wonky bear is just adorable. I hope he was adopted by a sweet little one. Happy holidays to you and yours, Tammy

Jody said...

We watched the eclipse also--but from inside the house. It was 0 degrees outside!! The moon only got to a dirty orange this far north, but seemed to have a light inside it; every feature was so clear!!
Merry Christmas to you!

Becky said...

Daggum clouds ruined the view for me. Glad y'all got to enjoy the eclipse.

That Teddy is adorable! Lucky kid who gets to adopt it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...