Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

On Sunday, Suki (soo-key) had been in the family 2 whole days.
She has already knocked Ginger in the head a couple time for getting too personal.
The kids were asking how she was so FAST....I mean REALLY REALLY FAST.
I guess it is because she was a stray and had to hunt.

She is MUCH faster than Leo (sorry, baby, no offense.)

When we got Suki, they said to let the cats figure it out on their own, that the resident cat will be boss, etc and the new cat will hide for at least 3 days.
Since Leo outweighs Suki by 5 pounds, I decided to keep my eyes open (and my camera handy.)

Only.....Suki hasn't hidden yet.
In fact, she came in to visit me while I was sewing.
Leo ALWAYS comes in while I sew....so he was TICKED that someone beat him there.

He sat down and gave her the ugly eye.
He even growled at her and hissed a lot...she didn't even BLINK.



Then when I was done sewing, she moved under the little art table.
Leo followed her yeowling the whole time....oh, and hissing. Lots of hissing.
She didn't even blink.



Here he is going in for the "Siamese Smack down!"



Only he missed.

But SHE didn't! She whacked him SO FAST I couldn't even snap a photo of it.
And... she did it while laying there.
She just pulled out her little pistol of a paw and POW! Right between the eyes.




Okay, I know its bad but it was awfully funny...and I had my backup plan in case it got ugly...which it didn't.

Leo moves back a little and pretends he doesn't care that he just got schooled by an 8 pound GIRL.



Then he moves back a little more. Pretending to be asleep, except that he keeps opening one eye!



The phone rang and he WATCHED ME LEAVE THE ROOM.
Luckily, the kids answered it so I turned back to see if I could catch anything 'good' on film.

Yeah.......SHAMEFUL...........just look for yourselves what he was doing.



Oh and then he realized he was caught...who me?





Oh, and Suki?
Here is the way she looked for the ENTIRE ordeal.

She was SCARED I tell you, REALLY REALLY REALLY SCARED.....

yeah, rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhtttt.

8 comments:

NadineC said...

Oh, Val! That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing the story and photos with us. I love Leo's facial expressions, especially the one where he looks almost cross-eyed, like "WTF just happened?" I guess we know who the alpha cat is going to be from now on.....

gin said...

looks like a little competition there for your love! they are both so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Val, just received my book. I have not read any M.Crichton novels so I am very excited to enter a new area of literary fantasy. That's the fun of a swap - opening yourself to sometime new and enjoying the it! Many thanks and let me know what you receive.

cakegirl said...

Val, just received my book. I have not read any M.Crichton novels so I am very excited to enter a new area of literary fantasy. That's the fun of a swap - opening yourself to sometime new and enjoying the it! Many thanks and let me know what you receive.

Ruhammie said...

Cute story! She's a really pretty little cat. I used to foster stray prego momma's soon to have kittens (for a local cat rescue group), then I married a husband with cat allergies. :)

Unknown said...

So stinkin funny, Val!

Elaine said...

Oh, this looks familiar! The same thing happens with my two all the time. They've been together for 7 months and they both think they're the alpha cat.

The vet said Molly the older one will never give up being the boss and Oscar is only two so he doesn't get it yet but eventually he'll give up and there will be peace.

I am looking forward to that day.

Jen Sue Wild said...

A cat with a an attitude, imagine that. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...