Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sassy Holiday Apron Swap

I participated in Lucy's last apron swap of the year....the Holiday swap.

My secret partner is Lucy's best friend so she gave me the inside scoop on her. She prefers 'old world' themes and colors and full aprons. She also doesn't really like bright colors. I learned (from blog snooping) that she participates in many Renaissance Festivals. With all that in mind, I set out to find the perfect fabric.
When I found these two, I snatched them up. A good thing I bought it right then....the next day they were both G O N E.

Since I know Vea MUST have one of Lucy's Sassy aprons, I couldn't exactly make her one with that same pattern. (which is my go to pattern for full aprons) Instead, I used one of my favorite aprons as a template and enlarged it for her. Instead of using the stag fabric as the 'main' fabric as I usually would, I used the paler harlequin fabric....trying to keep to her request of nothing too loud. I think the stag fabric gives just enough color to it.

I included the required cookie cutter and recipe....and also added a few other goodies. I've never looked for 'stag' ornaments before and let me tell you, there are some GORGEOUS ones out there. I stuck to something simple though as I didn't know her taste. For the bookmark, I researched the significance of the Stag in Medieval times which was really interesting.



Here is a close up of the applique I did:



I hope she likes it!

9 comments:

Solidia said...

Wow Val! You did a wonderful job!! Everything looks so pretty and what a good idea your stag theme is.:)

frankenpug said...

That turned out great! I love the applique! Good job, Val!

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a beautiful and creative apron! Val, you are amazing! Lori

Beth said...

I love that apron! I love the nose on the applique. Beth

Jen Sue Wild said...

This is amazeing!! I love how it turned out!!

Lucy said...

You really did do a fabulouse job!

Vea McDonald said...

I laughed so hard at your traveling story, I'm still laughing now. I loved your apron and the cool ornaments and everything. Haven't had a chance to try the recipes, but I'm planning on it. Thank you so much. The stag fabric is awesome.
Vea

DaCraftyLady said...

It is beautiful..I love it...what a wonderful package you put together.. :)

Shawnee said...

Too pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...