Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The sweater that turned into a purse.....



I love sweaters.....I will wear them until they absolutely fall apart....or until my husband looks at me and makes a funny face which says '' a mirror could fix that...'

I was really having a hard time letting this particular sweater go because it had all my favorite colors in it.

I couldn't wear it anymore as the neckline had grown about 4 sizes and the waistline had shrunk about 2!
So..... I decided to repurpose it. I learned that little word last year while reading other people's blogs. It gave me the idea to 'repurpose' my sweater into a purse. But I had no idea what to do. It took GUTS to cut up my favorite sweater. I sat there looking at all its various parts and pieces and almost panicked.
But instead, I drug out some purse handles I had purchased (but never had used) and proceeded to 'make a purse.' Between a bit of serging and sewing I got what you see in the non-flattering picture above. (I really must learn to take better pictures if I am going to keep this up....)
The purse is actually a good size and is self lined.

I am also pleased to say that whenever I use it, people ask me where I bought it.

1 comment:

craftytammie said...

I know what you mean! I've had 3 (very) old sweaters hanging out in my laundry room for several months, but I can't bring myself to cut them up! Yours turned out great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...